[Healeys] Vredestein 165x15

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:15:25 MST 2011

Steven -

A couple of thoughts - have you tried putting any of your other tyres in the
boot?  Are they all Vredesteins?

If they are all the same tyre, I would recommend getting the standard Dunlop
ply tyre for the spare.  This is what I have in my BN1.  The Dunlops are
perfectly fine as a spare and, of course, fit in the boot properly.

Also note that Longstone Tyres has a very cheap 165x15 with a very narrow
section width from a company called Nexen:

http://longstonetyres.co.uk/page/search?searchMethod=term&searchTerm=590+X+15
http://www.nexentireusa.com/tires-9/SB802

However, I note the Nexen spec sheet is a bit different to the tread specs
on the Longstone tyre site.  The Longstone folks are usually quite helpful
so I'm sure you can call them and ask them to measure the width of the tyre
before you buy it.  If you're lucky this will be a very cheap option.

Let us know if the Nexen tyre pans out, that would be good info to have for
the list.

Alan