[Healeys] Dynamat/Dynashield?

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 08:28:37 MST 2011

I am skeptical of any product that claims to be a thermal insulating product
but does not provide the thermal conductibility ("U" value) or the "R" value
of the product.
Anything you add to a surface provides some thermal insulating & sound
absorbing properties. The question is how much? I have tried to get this
information from many companies & most of them never got back to me. When I
did get information, they never were significantly better that an equal
thickness of a similar common material such as felt/fiber products,
fiberglass, Styrofoam, bubble wrap & neoprene, for example. Personally, I do
not want any product that is permanently adhered to the floor boards. I have
been caught is a few torrential rain storms in my Healey & being able to
remove the carpet & insulation from the floors is a priority for me.

"LizardSkinB. Ceramic Insulation formula is an advanced, water-based
composition of high-grade acrylic binders with air-filled
insulating/reflective and sound-absorbing particles."
This sounds like a water based paint with air filled particles (Styrofoam
beads?) in it. The air is providing the insulation properties.
What part is the ceramic component?

Gary Hodson