[Healeys] Dual Circuit Brakes

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 07:20:25 MST 2011

As far as I can tell, the XKE has a front brake master cylinder & a rear brake
master cylinder. I am not aware of any brake system with two lines going to a
single caliper.  The XKE has an unusual (to me) type of brake booster. It is
vacuum operated & applies pressure directly to the pedal assembly. It is
called a "pedal assistance" type of system. As far as I can tell, there is no
brake line or hydraulic system going to or from the booster.
I have two original XKE work shop manuals (and no XEK's), would you like to
buy one? Contact me offline.
Gary Hodson