[Healeys] Engine color

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Mar 25 06:21:32 MST 2011

No,

At approximately the same time when they moved BN4 production to Abingdon in
October '57, they also introduced the later cylinder head design to
production cars. Changes included the later separate hydraulic reservoir
"can" and later style clutch and brake master cylinders, and of course the
cylinder head, separate manifolds, heat shield, twin H6 carbs, etc. These
engines for a number of months were usually painted in the dark Morris
engine green. Beyond that, the rest of the Abingdon assembled BN4's retained
the earlier Longbridge features, including the single windscreen washer jet
in the middle of the shroud, the early sliding hood frame, early door seals,
the "Longbridge" interior, except for changes that evolved in the style of
the arm rest, which became shorter as it came down the left and right sides
of the tunnel. The boot lining was still colour keyed to the interior during
this time.

Rich