[Healeys] Engine color

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:05:14 MST 2011

Hi,

I have some problems with engine color.
I have an early BN4, built around 1957dec/1958 jan. This is the factory
moving time.
The engine I have bought my car with was a 29D, non-original. It was painted
healey-green with the gearbox. But two parts, the starter and - maybe - the
clutch cylinder (hardly any paint left on it) was BMC green. Maybe they came
from another car of the period, OR they came from my original 2.6 engine. If
soo, I feel it would be better to paint the engine this color. Unfortunaltly
as Heritage Cert is not available for my car, I cannot be sure what code the
negine had (1C or 26C) also no info on the original fitted cylinder head.
Body number is 52381.
Which green would be better to use to be correct?

Gergo