[Healeys] BN1 100/4 standard build - Setting up engine timing

STEPHEN CUSS stephen.j.cuss at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 24 09:35:03 MST 2011

Hi, Can someone help me understand how to set up the timing on a standard BN1
100/4 I have just re-build the engine and from the handbook cannot make out if
setting the mark on the crank wheel to Top Dead Centre (TDC) includes the 6
degrees advance or not I also would like to know how to ensure that the
distributor is set correctly as I appear to have cylinders 1 and 2 firing o.k.
but not  cylinders 3 or 4 which are sparking but not firing.

Thanks in
advance for any help with this matter.

SteveC