[Healeys] Headlamp light units

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Mar 15 14:50:39 MST 2011

Hella or Cibie Halogen units fit as a straight replacement with genuine
H4 bulbs instead of the adaptions used for old style double filament
bulbs. If you use relays and heavier wiring to the lamps you can fit
80/100w bulbs.
80W for main beam, 100W for dipped beam.
The Hella units have a rather flat lens, the Cibie is more curved and
looks more like a Lucas unit. In my opinion the Hella has the better
light pattern.
I have fitted Hella lights with 80/100W for donkeys years,  in a Triumph
Spitfire, Landrover, Mini and Jensen Healey's without any bother.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]