[Healeys] Rotor Bolts, TAKE NOTE

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Mar 13 19:48:34 MST 2011

This leads me to another question.  I have always fastened the hubs to the rotors by running the bolts through from the
backside, probably because that's how they were when I bought the car.  Now, I see that, probably, the bolts should be
run through from the outside; i.e. the bold heads would be on the outer side of the hub.

Now, I'm wondering if I could tack weld the nuts on the inside of the rotor, avoiding heat embrittlement of the bolts.
Yes, I know how to torque the bolts properly, but without anything to stop them from turning the nuts or bolts can loosen.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net