[Healeys] backfiring

Eric (Rick) Wilkins e-wilkins at cox.net
Sun Mar 13 10:56:37 MST 2011

That sound like a valve issue to me. Stuck/slow combined with a
mixture issue maybe caused by an intake manifold leak. Yeah, intake
leaks usually cause a spit back on the intake side like 100 Sixes
always get, but the excess mixture can detonate in the hot exhaust
pipe. DOes the car have headers?

Wilko