[Healeys] Thanks, and One More Question

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:56:30 MST 2011

Much thanks to those who answered my question about mounting tube tires.
Looks like talcum powder and a repair kit (if I can find one), will be added
to the inner tube in the boot.

Now to turn in another direction. I have been wanting a set center lock
alloy wheels for my BT7. They usually go on sale at VB under the guise of
MGC wheels, but they have the same part number. I have been trying t
convince myself to buy them for two years. Last February I found a set of
mint used ones at the Chicagoland MG Club Autojumble. That is why I was
trying to decide which car (I have a C also) to put them on. I decided to
leave the C with wire wheels, and to make sure a flat wouldn't cripple the
car.

The alloy wheels are 5.5 inches wide as opposed to the 4 inches of the wire
wheels.Vb suggests using 185-70-15 tires.

Has anyone made this upgrade? Will that size tire affect the speedometer?

I hope someone has tried this before and will share their experience with
the list.

Thanks again,

/Jack