[Healeys] No Healey content, Tourism New England (2/3)

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 18:35:27 MST 2011

2-of-3.

Massachusetts:
     Boston, and if you are into history, its Freedom Trail
     Grab a bite anywhere in the North End (Italian section)
     <http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/>
     Beer? A tour of Boston Brewery, and a taste of its
     award-winning Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
     <http://www.samueladams.com/>
     If you are into the American version of cricket, which we
     call "baseball", there's the venerable Fenway Park, the
     cherished home of the Red Sox. If you time it right, they
     might still be playing.
      <http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=bos>
     Faneuil Hall (fan'l hall) will keep you shopping:
     <http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/>
     Education? My alma mater, Boston College, is up Comm. Ave. in
     Chestnut Hill. Across the Charles river is Cambridge, are
     Harvard and MIT (Mass. Inst. of Tech.). I'd start a fight
     if I didn't mention BU and Northeastern, too.
     Outside of Boston:
     Pick up a nice 100 S for the ride, and take it home as a souvenir:
     <http://www.copleymotorcars.com/sports_and_classics5_45.4vo893.html>
     Fancy a Mercedes Gullwing, instead?
     <http://paulrussell.com/>
     Lars Anderson Auto Museum, in an old estate in Brookline:
     <http://www.larzanderson.org/>
     If you are into rugby, or Australian Rules football,
     there's the New England Patriots in Foxboro. They
     should be in season.
     <http://www.patriots.com/>
     American soccer is played at the same stadium, but if we
     don't care, why should you? :)
     <http://revolutionsoccer.net/>
     The Mayflower and Plymouth Rock, "where the Pilgrim's landed"
     <http://www.plimoth.org/features/mayflower-2/>
     "The Cape" - Cape Cod, where much of New England and large
     parts of Canada spend their summer. It will be off season,
     so it should be nice. The Chatham Bars Inn is a nice place
     to stay.
     <http://www.chathambarsinn.com/>
     In Sandwich you'll find a car museum:
     <http://www.heritagemuseumsandgardens.org/current_exhibits>
     Western Mass - the Bershire Mountains
     <http://www.berkshires.org/>
     And just over the border, in NY, take a ride in a biplane:
     <http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/>

end 2-of-3.

--
Kent McLean