[Healeys] 57 Healey

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Mar 2 10:46:19 MST 2011

re: " There is no cause for alarm with pilot lights for either furnaces or hot
water heaters in a garage as long as a modicum of common sense is used."

Yup. But I don't want to smell any fumes in my garage at all (and one of the worst potential offenders--carbon monoxide--is odorless).

Back to the point: Healeys shouldn't smell of gas. It is not a normal condition--something is wrong. Eliminating the smell doesn't solve the problem.

Now, if I had an SR-71 leaking JP-7 in my garage well, I might be OK with that.

bs