[Healeys] Bakelite repair

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 14:12:19 MST 2011

I would weep thin CA glue (instant glue) into the cracks with a very small
applicator like the tip of a tooth pick. I would fill the hole with a black
epoxy. If possible hold a small piece of wax paper (slightly larger than the
hole) over the outside of the hole with a larger piece of tape. fill the hole
with epoxy from the back side. When everything is set up you can sand the
outside lightly to get a smooth surface with progressively finer sand paper
just like leveling paint. It should be almost invisible.
Gary Hodson