[Healeys] [...H...ealeys] First start

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:51:08 MDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks again everybody. The day was fine. Rain stoped, and I fired up the
Healey again and did a few more miles.
Here's my experiences.
First of all I was completely wrong about Healeys. I expected a grand
turismo and not a sportscar realy. A thing that is completely wrong! The
suspension is firm and stabile. For from the soft, conform ride I expected.
The engine, which I hough would behave like a big puller with flat torque
cure is rather willing, and has a nice but sharp power delivery. The cam is
getting on around 2.5-3k, and from that point it is pulling very hard. No
"oldcar" feeling at all. Closer to a hot kitcar than a grandturismo. Very
exciting, and also surprizing - at least for me. Though I used a "fastroad"
cam (you may remember I rebuilt a 26H engine with a "factory" sporty
camshaft 265degrees on each valves). My exhaust is a side exit custom. Maybe
a bit loud, but if the car is reved, the sound is realy impressive. More
like a period racecar than a sporty gt. Intresting thing realy. I must be
carefull as it is soo tempting to push.
I cant wait tomorow. I will play around tha carbs and the ignition curve
just to see what else can be done.

Thanks again for You kind words!

Gergo