[Healeys] Airbags (was Re: Fatal Healey Accident)

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 08:38:51 MDT 2011

Airbags are now available for light aircraft, which have similar panel impact issues to our old cars. They are fitted in the shoulder straps of 3-point harnesses, and powered by compressed gas (not pyrotechnics).

I would say it's not out of the realm of possibility but, obviously, would be a complex and expensive proposition. First, you'd have to convince the manufacturer--I'm only aware of one--that it would be a profitable endeavor.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA