[Healeys] Fitting a 'Wosp' High torque starter motor.

Tom McCay - Classic-Car-World Ltd enquiries at classic-car-world.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 17:54:02 MDT 2011

Hi Derek, we are a WOSP reseller for these Hi Torque starter motors and
hopefully the following should help.

There are two connections on the WOSP starter motor as follows:

 1. Large stud is the main battery post
2. Small spade connection, Ignition switch to the solenoid

 If you are replacing an inertia type starter motor you will have an
external solenoid connecting to the old starter motor. In normal operation
turning the ignition key will energise this solenoid and apply a voltage to
the old starter. Because the WOSP starter comes with its own solenoid you
need to energise this to operate the motor. There should therefore be a
small link
 wire between the main battery stud and the small spade connection for the
solenoid. If it is not fitted you can easily make one of these with a small
length of wire. With the new starter now in place turning the ignition key
will again operate your external solenoid as before connecting the voltage
to the main battery post on the starter and at the same time energise the
 solenoid on the starter.

 If you need anymore information on this please let me know and I can send
you a wiring diagram.

 Kindest Regards

 Tom
 Tom McCay - Director  Classic-Car-World Ltd, 32 Washingborough Road,
 Heighington, Lincoln, LN4 1RE. 01522 888178 (Tel) 0870 705 9115 (fax)
 enquiries at ccw-tools.com  www.ccw-tools.com

 Registered address: 32 Washingborough Road, Heighington, Lincoln, LN4 1RE.
 Classic-Car-World Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with
 company number 3930761.  VAT registration number: 755 7630 05