[Healeys] steering wheel nut

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 22 05:05:54 MDT 2011

Ira,

I doubt that you'll be able to find a die at the local hardware store.
The non-adjustable column I have isn't in great shape either.  The OD
measures 0.775", but that's probably low.  The pitch looks to be 20 TPI.
  13/16-20? I don't find a match in the various British threads(BSF,
BSC, BSPP, etc).  It's not metric (20-1.25).

If you have an extra nut, you could use it as a die by slitting it
(split nut).

Hopefully, someone will come up with a more definitive answer.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php