[Healeys] grease guns

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jun 21 22:14:56 MDT 2011

Bert,

Here's my 'rig.'  It's small, so it's easy to get in tight spaces, but will do a full grease-job on my BJ8 3-4 times
before I have to change cartridges.

I've seen other small pistol grip guns, but the handle and nozzle are oriented differently; e.g. with the hose/extension
coming out at 90deg to the barrel of the gun.  It doesn't seem to me they'd be as convenient.

I have a 6-inch metal extension, but I only use the flexible hose.  You usually need to wriggle the nozzle a little to
get a good seal on the zerk (although the metal pipe would be handy for getting the zerks on the drivetrain and the
front U-joint).

I picked it up in a local auto parts store probably close to 20 years ago.  I believe it's Sta-Lube brand, who generally
makes good products.  Yeah, it leaks a little--grease is just oil with a thickener, it's gonna ooze out--and the threads
on the cap are easy to strip, but all in all it's been a terrific tool.

Anybody else want a photo let me know.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net