[Healeys] grease guns

Bert Van Brande bertvanbrande at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 15:24:10 MDT 2011

Grease guns, such simple tools yet the 2 I bought failed miserably one after the other.  The first one leaked from a hole in side of the tube, the second one leaked from about every orifice.  After some online research it seems that there are still some good guns made.  Grease guns with some good reviews: plews, alemite, lincoln.   The price is actually not that much higher than the auto-parts store brands.

It's just hard to figure where they're actually manufactured.  Not one spec  sheet mentions this detail. I am currently leaning towards buying an Alemite Professional 500

I'd like to hear if anybody has good experience with these guns.  Do you prefer lever guns or pistol grip?  Also what kind of extension do you prefer for the Healey: rigid or flexible?

all input appreciated.

bert