[Healeys] FW: Sunoco poster

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Jun 20 09:55:33 MDT 2011

Reminds of the time in '93 I was bopping down the street in Queenstown, NZ
and saw a black BJ8 on a poster looking out at me from the door of a grocery
store.  I went in and begged and pleaded for the poster, but the young
things who were there just worked in the store and had no authority for
anything, so they wouldn't let me take it.
I mentioned this poster to a bus driver in Rotorua who was wearing a jacket
with a Jag on the back.  Two years later, I came home from work to find a
paper mailing tube on my kitchen table with the Healey poster inside.  It
had taken the bus driver that long to find one, because it was actually an
ad for Benson & Hedges cigarettes and tobacco advertising had been banned in
NZ.  He eventually got one from Benson & Hedges in Australia and sent it on
to me.  I was flabbergasted that he had stayed on the trail for two years.
Gotta love those Kiwis.

I'll send a picture of the poster to John Sims for his site so all can see
it.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry