[Healeys] Jule Frame - Part two

Linwood H Rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Sun Jun 19 19:39:01 MDT 2011

I enjoy perfectly original cars that have been well cared for. I enjoy radically modified Healeys, and I enjoy slightly personalized Healeys. I like Healey Blue, BRG, OEW, Florida Green, Spruce Green and Pacific Green. I like a really good black one too, but mine are both RED! My wife really likes those modern roll-up windows and the pull-up convertible top, but mine are roadsters with side curtains!

Finally, I really like Healey people who love originality. They are dedicated to the hobby (or profession), and typically they can be really, really helpful. I called on one of my very favorites, Rich Chrysler, with a question just today and he had an answer for me in minutes. You know what, he didn't ask me if I was working on "an as original car" or not? I once prepared an article on the rebuild of the control head (trafficator) and Roger Moment was the go to guy, ready to lend a helpful assist.

Then again, I love Healey people who modify their cars to suit THEIR tastes while remaining true to what I will call a "Healey Spirit." Steve Thomton, Mick Nordquist, Rick Neville, Steve Gerow, Randy Forbes, Rich Grauman, Tim Moran, Udo Putzke and Mike Oritt come to mind.

I could have named many other people in both of these categories (and sub-categories). Heaven only knows how much I have benefitted from all of these people. I am thankful to you all. I even try to share what I have learned from time to time to keep this automotive interest going.

So....

Cheers and thanks.
Lin

Lin Rose
1959 AN5 Bugeye - pure driving enjoyment, go-kart with a body.
1960 BT7 "The Bloody Beast" - owned since 1971, my first car and still have it!
1964 Jag MKII - current project