[Healeys] Valve gap theory : BN2

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 08:20:04 MDT 2011

If You use the car mild and never race it, You can close the gap a bit. I
dont have experience with Healeys, but on the Mini, factory clearance is
0.35mms, and on my road cars I used 0.25 without any long term effect.
Bt if You push the car (more power-more heat), You can damage Your valve
seats and valves.
I dont think that there is any measureable power gain from tighter valve
clearance.
Too big gap can damage valve tips/rockers.