[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 5, Issue 406

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 13:13:54 MDT 2011

In a message dated 6/17/11 11:36:04 AM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> I stand my ground!  You either like to keep things original or you
> don't - akin to being a little bit pregnant.

No, Barrie, I'm afraid that's NOT true. Every single piece on the car is a
choice. Yes, there are people who   argue that nothing should be tampered
with, but no one on the concours committee falls into that category. That's
why there is a scoring system that evaluates each component for originality
and condition, not a simple "Guilty, not guilty" verdict from concours
judging.
You're welcome to your own opinion, if it is well-informed, but in this
case, as with your view of what Jay Leno believes and does (which is not
accurate), I don't think you have enough information on which to form an
opinion.
Why not wait until you've participated in concours, and/or visited Leno's
collection before telling us what's wrong with them.
Gary