[Healeys] Now "Sports Car in the Living Room"(c)

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 12:23:15 MDT 2011

In a message dated 6/17/11 11:05:39 AM, healeyrick at yahoo.com writes:

> and the Ferris Bueller car, and not to mention the old Dan Tanna TV
> series.  And what's wrong with a barcalounger in the garage?  Add a beer
fridge
> and a flat screen and it sounds like heaven to me.  OK, actually heaven
> would be a repurposed fire house with classic car parking downstairs and
> living quarters up,  Sliding down the pole like Batman to get into a Healey
> would be a treat ... and a live-in firehouse chef would complete the dream.

Actually, the firehouse is an idea that figured in some car fiction books
written by Bob Judd (a Bad-Boy Healey guy living here in Palo Alto) some
years back.
And Jay Lamm -- the inventor/founder/perpetrator of 24 Hours of LeMons --
does live in his garage warehouse in Emeryville, CA. On one side of the space
is a high-tech kitchen, with appliances and fixtures made out of car parts,
and in the center is a sort of scaffold structure with a living room/office
underneath and a sleeping loft above. Around that he has room for about
eight cars. Needless to say, he's never found a wife to share it with him.
G.