[Healeys] BJ8 Exhaust Systems - BJ8 or BJ7?

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Jun 15 21:22:31 MDT 2011

Robert, moisture that rusts out an exhaust system comes more from what the
engine generates than from external sources such as wet streets.  The
hardest thing on an exhaust system is short trips that do not allow the
engine to get well up to temperature to dry everything out before shutting
it down.

I have a stainless exhaust system on my BJ8 that I installed in 1986, and
although it has its share of dents, it's still doing its job as well as it
did new.  It came from Moss, but I have no idea about the quality of what
they are selling now.  Mild steel exhausts are fine as long as you limit the
frequency of short trips.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry