[Healeys] Shaken...

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 20:20:03 MDT 2011

Hi Lynn -

In my opinion, this is almost always indicative of a loose shock or a worn
out shock absorber.  Have someone drive alongside of you and they will be
able to visibly see which wheel is bouncing, more than likely one of your
front tires is bouncing all over the place at that speed.  It is bouncing
because the shock, when it no longer works, is no longer able to dampen out
the rotational harmonics inherent in your wire wheels.

Once you see the bouncy wheel, then you know which shock to focus on.  As a
matter of safety you may want to make sure both front shocks are firmly
bolted in place before going for your inspection drive.

Cheers,

Alan