[Healeys] BJ8 Intake

'bluehealey' bluehealey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:14:37 MDT 2011

I can confirm there is a wall between runners 3 and 4 in the main runner or
'log'. It has hole of around 5/8" diameter drilled through it presumably to
provide vacuum balancing.

AlanB - iPhone message.

On 1 Jun 2011, at 20:51, "David Masucci" <drmasucci at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
> For reasons I can explain later, I am doing some computer analysis on the
behavior of the BJ8 intake tract as it applies to the dynamics of the airflow.
Specifically I'm looking at modeling the behavior as the pulses caused by
valve closure send waves back into the manifold. I'm looking at how it behaves
compared to modern "tuned" runners/plenum manifolds.

> To complete my model I need one more bit of information. Its clear that the
front 3 runners and plenum section is a mirror image of the back 3. Does
anyone know if the front and back of the plenum section (the rectangular box)
is separated by a wall or septum? Or is the front and back wide open.