[Healeys] Bucknum HSC Healey

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 13:22:36 MDT 2011

Jerry,

I mentioned Ron as he spent so much time tracking down Healey racers for his
"Dipstick Digest", I thought he might have searched for the HSC car. Doesn't
seem like 10 yrs since he passed. At one time I thought the owners of this car
claimed it was the HSC Healey: http://www.oldirish.com/plrt/healey.htm  but
looking at the website they indicate it was built with HSC parts.  Of course,
the HSC Sunbeam Tiger, built by Doane Spencer has survived and been restored:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHE-EZSAkOM.  Doane was one of those guys that
was a true genius with every automobile he touched.  His 32 Ford Roadster is
considered one of the top deuce roadsters for its styling and innovative
build:  http://www.jalopyjournal.com  /forum/showthread.php?t=536915  And in
the six degrees of automotive separation dept, our own Mike Lempert built the
steering wheel when the Deuce was restored.

BTW, I've lusted after a pair of those license plate frames ever since seeing
them on your car.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo