[Healeys] 100-Six with XK150 engine for sale

F Ronald Rader f.ronald.rader at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:35:56 MDT 2011

 You guys are sooo missing the point.

1965 BJ8
1960 XK 150 3.8 L FHC (now with 5 speed, roll bar, headers) (stock w 4
wheeel disk brakes)
1967 4.2 E type FHC. Full syncro box. A/C (stock with IRS)

All were fully rebuilt running gear.

I have all three. Each has a totally different purpose.

I enjoyed my Healey for 10 years. It was beautiful, fast, fun, and
good looking. After a couple of years it was totally reliable. It
never once let me down in about 40,000 miles.

I next bought the 4.2 E type. So much more refined, quitter, smooth.
It was a fantastic long distance road car. All of our bags fit in.
goes really fast (had it to 125) will remaining quite, but with
bravado. Handles nicely (did better with smaller tires and a bigger
steering wheel). Yes the BJ8 could out handle it in the twisty bits
but the E type would blow by in the straights. Properly set up after
two years it has never left me at the side of the road and the engine
is bullet proof).

I next bought the XK 150 3.8 FHC. Fits in between them both. Just came
back from 1,000 miles in Montana and Canada.

Today I drove the XK 150 to the shop and picked up the E type so I
have a recent two way 15 mile drive. The difference? They were both
fun. Both strong. Both turned heads.
Both are fast and reliable. Both haul all of my stuff.

Still like the Healey too, but I still consider it my starter kit
until I could afford the Jaguars.

ron rader
Playa del Rey CA

Also 1954 Nash Healey