[Healeys] Wire wheel hubs - how?

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Wed Jul 20 16:38:42 MDT 2011

Barry
When I replaced all those things on my car I just tightened them (and
I'm talking about the knock-offs) by hand, no lead hammers at all. I
might have used a plastic hammer once or twice though. This is a little
difficult if you have the 8 flats knock-offs, but I suppose one could
use some common sense here. They are self tightening as someone else
pointed out. So using "several good whacks with a lead hammer" is the
wrong way to go.
I wonder what the workshop book says? I don't have it handy right now,
but will check as soon as I get a chance.
But,,,, you would need the hammer to get them off after they have been
on the road.
Just don't travel in reverse gear, that will undo the knock-offs.

Per