[Healeys] fuel pump points

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:39:15 MDT 2011

Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble keeping the points on the fuel pump
from getting pitted. They just stop the fuel pump from working. I carry a
spare pump and have had to change them twice since May.  One was two years old
(Moss) and the other was my professionally rebuilt original. Yesterday, it
happened again and I file and polished the points and all is fine. I just
don't feel confident. I do like the original-ness of my BJ8 (phase1) and have
always tried to use original stuff on replacement. It was converted to neg
ground 10 years ago. One pump has a diode (little white pancake thing) the
other is the original pump with out it.
Thanks
Rich Kahn