[Healeys] keeping healey running

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Mon Jul 18 19:27:19 MDT 2011

frank, i went through the same thing last week.  engine was hard to start but would run okay for a short while then start missing.  thought it might be fuel filter or carbs, but was not getting any backfiring so eliminated that.  finally took dizzy out and checked everything and oiled weights.  put everything back in and still no start.  checked coil wire again and noticed coil was smoking hot.  checked spark and there was very little.  put old original coil that came with the car back on and it fired up in about a second.  i now realize all the start problems i had recently came from a weak coil.  wish we had someone in our club that knew how to use our ignition analyzer.  would save some grief.   hjim