[Healeys] And don't forget the radio (if fitted)

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:08:51 MDT 2011

I realized that the radio, if original, could be a clue.

The first cars were fitted with factory radios, but that proved too costly
in terms of duty.. Motorola and Automatic Electric both made aftermarket
radios.that could be optioned for either positive or negative ground.

Remove the radio and check for a shorting plug with a notch in it. To option
the radio you would pull out the shorting plug and put it back with + or -
exposed for plus or minus ground.

I had several of those early radios, and they all had the plug.

Good luck!

Jack
KA9HEL