[Healeys] Grounding

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 05:39:53 MDT 2011

Without a battery in the car, you can't tell from the cables alone whether a
conversion to negative ground was done or not.  When I converted my BJ8 to
negative ground, the cables stayed where they were.  I just turned the
battery around and connected the cables to opposite posts from the way they
were for positive ground.
I would assume that anyone who made the conversion to negative ground would
do all of the steps, including switching the positive and negative
connections at the ignition coil.  Since you can't easily tell from the fuel
pump, generator, or electronic tachometer if they've been
converted/polarized/wired for positive or negative, the connections at the
coil are the most reliably easy way to tell.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA