[Healeys] Fan Belt Issues

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Wed Jul 6 21:54:58 MDT 2011

Charlie,

A serpentine belt (the name applied to belts with the inside notches) is
about all we can easily find these days and they run and last better than
the solid ones. An entrant fitting one of these belts will suffer a
deduction in the scoring process, albeit minimal. The reason for this is to
allow the margin for the fellow who shows up with a really correct period
style belt of exactly the right specifications and in excellent condition to
not suffer any deduction.
No, we don't want to see a 51 year old belt being used on a (hopefully)
driven car either.

Rich Chrysler
National Concours Registry