[Healeys] shock bolts

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 00:22:10 MDT 2011

I had an FX4 (London Taxi) a few years ago. Old taxi drivers told me, that
shock absorbers coming loose was a neverending problem on the cabs, much
worst than on the Healey as the cab had more weight and longer suspension
travel on the rear. Their best fix was - please dont laugh - two layers of
sandpaper glued together (rough side facing out) and put under the shock
absorber as a gasket. After this, fixing the shock with a strong locknut.
The increased friction prevents the shock from moving, even if the hole is a
bit oval. The nut comes loose while the shock is moving. If it doesnt move
it doesnt make the nut loose. It worked on my old bomber.

Gergo