[Healeys] shock links rebuild?

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 5 21:04:27 MDT 2011

Tadek,

Apple Hydraulics rebuilds them. When I had mine rebuilt about 4
months ago Apple was the only company that I could find. World Wide
Autoparts does not rebuild them. I took them apart, bead-blasted them
and zinc plated the pins before sending them to Apple. Apple can
clean them but I don't think they do the zinc plating. I cleaned them
just because I had a bead blaster. Apple will paint them too but I
wanted to match the black paint I was using. Don't paint them before
sending them in. I have not driven the car since installing the links
but should be able to sometime in August. The cost was a little more
than buying new after market links.

John
'62 BT7

At 07:52 AM 7/6/2011 +0700, Tadeusz Malkiewicz wrote:
>Is there anyone rebuilding the original shock links?
>Tadek

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100_1174.JPG"; x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100_1178.JPG"; x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752]