[Healeys] fan belt

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 15:49:22 MDT 2011

Ira, when I had a generator on my BJ8, I used a Gates 7440 fan belt.  The
Moss 6-bladed fan threw a couple blades and I had to cut the fan belt to
drive the car home without severe vibrations.  The belt Moss sent me as a
replacement (7440 or equivalent, I assume) was too small, so I replaced that
one with a Gates 9440.  The 7440 measurements are 10mm by 1120mm, according
to the Gates packaging of the belt.  The Gates 9440  measures 17/32" top
width by 44-3/8 inches length.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry