[Healeys] Two hot too shart?

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 12:35:30 MDT 2011

When You start the car with the clutch depressed, You apply pressure on the
crankshaft thrust bearing. But as there is not much oil then (and when You
press the clutch squeeze that little out), it can significantly shorten the
trust bearing life - ask me how I know this. Only time when the cluch can
help start a car is at cold winter - the engine is saved from turning over
the gearbox with its cold, thick oil.
But nornaly it is adviceable to satrt the car in neutral without depressing
the clutch.

Gergo