[Healeys] Two hot too shart?

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Sun Jul 3 11:27:37 MDT 2011

When your Healey sits hot and does not want to start, try placing it in
neutral, do not depress the clutch, and hit the starter. Several years ago I
was having that problem in the Florida summers when I ran it and stopped for
while. The temp gauge would go up to over 212 when it sat for a short time.
Starting the car without the clutch being depressed appears to lessen the drag
on the starter and the engine spins faster.
Bill
BJ7 >