[Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 19:08:30 MDT 2011

We're doing everything on our M, and I figure we'll have less than $10K in all told when finished (though we're not
accounting very closely).   We spent quite a bit on a top-notch head rework, but the bottom end required little.
Transmission, O/D were fine so we left them alone except for paint. We replaced the outer sills, all the other metal is
in good shape. Most of our chrome was in good shape, but we've spent a few hundred on some pieces.  Michael said he can
do everything except machine work and paint, so I assumed he'd be doing the bodywork (that will save a ton).  Paint job
depending on quality would be $5-10K, so maybe $15-20K total would be a better guess.  If indeed there is significant
rust then that guess goes out the window, but Michael did not indicate that in his post.  If it turns out to be a
rustbucket then, of course, all bets are off.  But, as of now I don't believe we know that.  I got the impression
Michael isn't looking for a 'no expenses spared, concours gold' resto.

What needs anodizing besides the cockpit surround (ours only required some polishing)?

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net