[Healeys] 54 BN1 Barn Car

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sat Jul 2 18:08:33 MDT 2011

Hello Michael,

Most of your cost will directly depend on how much you will be doing
yourself. Certainly you'll likely be able to dismantle, sort, catalogue,
take tons of pictures as it comes apart and keep it all neat and orderly.
How good is the metal.....really. basic inner sills and rocker panels almost
always need replacement, and if so, this will need some specific skills and
experience to not muck it up. This operation is critical to the overall
panel fit and alignment of the entire body, door gaps, etc. So you might
want to get outside help for that part. Lots of other metal work may really
be necessary, that you had no idea was poor. I've seen undercoated original
panels with original paint on the exterior, that when stripped, was thin and
full of pinholes.
Metal repairs and getting to the point of everything painted, including
inner structure and outer panels will cost you 2/3 of the entire project in
both time and money. Sending out will come to $30 to $40K.
Mechanical is relatively easy and straight forward but still, everything
will have to be done. Easily add another $10K.
Chrome work, new aluminum threshold trims, reanodizing cockpit rails, glass,
wheels and tires, it soon adds up. Allow another $10K
The entire interior and all software, including top, tonneau, sidescreens,
etc. can be done highest quality for under $8K.

That all said, welcome to the world of Healey restoration and stay close to
this list for your questions and answers.

Now, I am the Hundred Registrar. Please send me an email and let's get your
car's numbers all registered and documented.

Regards,

Rich Chrysler
Hundred Registrar