[Healeys] Wire wheel truing

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 06:47:53 MST 2011

I forgot to mention that the notes also specify 55 pound-inches torque on
the spoke nipples.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA
Hi,

I have dismantled my wheels.
I have made an attempt rebuilding one. It was not that hard as I thouht.
Although I have two questions: first of all, what can be called "true"
shape? After an hour playing, I have resulted around 0,8mm off-shape. Is it
enough, or shall I go thurder? It is difficult to use a dial gauge as he rim
itself is not 100% round.
I have tried to span each spoke the same amount, though not sure of this
"amount". I have used an aprox 10-12cms spanner with a medium load. Each
spoke is ringing alike.

What do You think, is it ok?

Gergo