[Healeys] March vacation to the UK

Eric (Rick) Wilkins e-wilkins at cox.net
Wed Jan 26 15:42:46 MST 2011

I don't about big events, but my wife and I travel at that time
because it's relatively cheap to go "off season".

I'd say if you're car type, go to England. Warwickshire is a great
place to center your trip. Stratford upon Avon is in Warwickshire, as
is Warwick. Stratford is very tourist, but the home of Shakespeare, so
it's got the WIfe covered. Same with Warwick. A very beautiful very
"English" city with the lovely (even if overly Disney-fied). You can
still go to the Cape and have a pint and sit on the canal as the
Healeys did.
Gaydon is very close to there with the British Heritage Auto museum.
You're only a couple hours from Castle Combe which is a tiny beautiful
English town with a huge racing heritage and a track. There may be
something on the calendar at that time. A day trip south as you're in
the Cotswolds will give you more than enough quaint english stuff to
see on your way to Bath and Saslibury where you need to see Stonehenge.

Wilko
San Diego