[Healeys] How to get your magazine

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 22:54:25 MST 2011

In a message dated 1/23/11 9:46:39 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Both Garys responded to me, and I don't keep track of what club each
> one is in, and I certainly don't know who is on the digest and really
> don't care.  But I believe they all have the message now.  For future
> reference, I think I speak for most of us that the use of "all caps"
> is not necessary.  It seems to have a derogatory meaning with it.
>
> Olin Brimberry
> 61 3000 MKII
> BT7 Sideshifter TriCarb

Sometimes it truly puzzles me how people can complain about the failure of
others to follow through when they can't follow simple instructions. I
didn't suggest to Olin that he post on the list his problem and expect the
officers of the various clubs to then go to the trouble of figuring out who
the
heck he is, where he lives, and which magazine he might or might not be
getting. What I told Olin, and I will tell anyone else with the same problem:
WRITE THE MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY (and yes, I know what all caps mean). WRITE THE
MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY directly with an e-mail (remember those? we used to use
them to communicate with other people before face book and forum lists).
Tell the membership secretary your name, your address, and when you think you
paid your dues, so he can check the membership roster and tell you whether
you're right or not.
Do not, I repeat DO NOT, post your complaint on a general forum and expect
someone else to straighten out your problem for you.
...There, now I feel much better.
gary