[Healeys] Ideal Tires and Wheel Size for BN2

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 12:19:55 MST 2011

If you are using the standard factory set-up of drum brakes, I don't believe
you can put 60 spoke wheels on your BN2.  The spokes will come in contact
with the drums.  You can use 48 or 72 spoke wheels without problem.  If you
can find a custom offset 60 spoke wheel, that may work, but may be more
expensive.

Where you consider buying your wheels will yield differing opinions from
list members.  Moss does offer wheels made in England by MWS
http://www.mwsint.com/TheCompany.asp in chrome and painted.

There are many places to buy Vredestein tires in 165-185+ sizes.  It just
depends if you want a fairly close to original look or have a bit more
rubber on the ground.  I have the "Classic Sprint" 185 70R15 on my BT7 and
real pleased with them.

Neil Anderson