[Healeys] Fuel Gauge Problem

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 06:15:28 MST 2011

The BMC parts manual shows the float arm direction to be forward.  The
diagram does not show the electrical terminal, but both original floats I
have had in my fuel tank, as well as both of the Moss replacements I have
used in an effort to find a good one have had the terminal toward the front
of the car.
The photo provided in the Moss on-line catalog for their replacement sending
unit also shows the terminal and the float arm on the same side of the unit:
http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/PDF/980-004.pdf.

I found that my replacement fuel tank interferes with the float arm when it
is oriented forward, so I had to turn the sending unit one hole
counterclockwise to remove the interference.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA