[Healeys] Fuel Line Clips

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 13:08:46 MST 2011

In a message dated 1/15/11 9:12:27 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> My fuel line had clips and screws like the ones for the wiring
> harness when I took it out.
>
> What a people doing for fuel line clips? Do I need a different clip?
> Could it be that the frame rail holes are two small for the clip? My
> rail holes are 13/64" but could be a little larger due to paint
> interference.
>
> Thanks for any help!
> John Spaur
> '62 BT7

I'd strongly suggest you go for P-clips for your fuel line, screwed to the
frame rails in such a way that the fuel line itself is above the bottom edge
of the frame rail so it has at least some protection from hitting rocks or
debris in the road. Personally, as a concours judge, I'd give you a pass on
that arrangement, since the original clips really to put the fuel line, and
you, in jeopardy.

Gary