[Healeys] Compression ratio for a fast road 100

Jonas Payne JPayne at ThorCon.net
Fri Jan 14 11:33:19 MST 2011

I have seen a couple 100's on ebay with Chevy 6's.  One with a "blue
flame" the other with a regular stovebolt.

The latter was a real hatchet job.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Hap Polk
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 10:04 AM
To: 'I Erbs'; healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Compression ratio for a fast road 100

Ira,

True enough. Most used the 265/283 Chevy, I think one used a nail head
Buick
and I think there was one Olds. 260 Fords and 215 Buick aluminum V8s
came
later. I don't know of any straight 6 conversions, generally too long to
consider, nor of any flathead Ford conversions. And of course no
Chrysler
hemi engines as their hemi heads are huge. Back to the 6 cylinders. I
think
one guy was trying to put a 3.4L Jag engine in a Healey. Most used the
transmission that mated to the engine, typically a Borg Warner 4 speed.
Most
of these guys used the Ford 9 inch rear end, but I didn't understand why
given that the Healey BN2 rear end was more than adequate for  V8
powered
road race use. I guess they were emulating the drag race guys.

Hap Polk
Healeys at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75