[Healeys] Tire Sizes - again

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 04:24:31 MST 2011

Robert

The 185's are just fatter. They don't fill up the wheel arches heightwise,
that all depends on the tire profile. Obviously any kind of modern tyre
should be avoided because the profile is too low.

The original tyres were skinny, but they had a high profile and so from a
side view they filled out the arches. BJ8 Phase II being the exception as
the rear arches were always too high even for the original tyres.

Derek